OOPS! I NEARLY FORGOT
It’s a temptation when blogging to be constantly thinking of the next post and forgetting what has gone before. However this morning whilst eating breakfast in bed, watching the news on TV and catching up with last week’s papers before the next deluge of massacred trees I remembered. I had Quoted 17 sayings and 17 names to see if anyone could match then correctly. Here they are again, below some successful contestants.
Sablonneuse guessed that 16 wrote Q
Z guessed that 12 wrote O
Amy guessed that 6 wrote E
Sim guessed that 15 wrote K
Sim also guessed that 14 wrote J
Girlpants guessed that 10 wrote I
Nea guessed that 8 wrote G.
And the rest of the answers are:-
A was written by 17
B was written by 4
C was written by 5
D was written by 1
F was written by 7
H was written by 9
L was written by3
M was written by 2
N was written by 11
P was written by 13
Here are the quotes and authors again:-
A Imagination is the highest kite you can fly.
B You must do things you think you cannot do.
C You will do foolish things but do them with enthusiasm
D Life begets life. Energy creates energy. It is by spending oneself that one becomes rich
E One is not born a woman, one becomes one.
F Look twice before you leap.
G Why not seize the pleasure at once? How often is happiness destroyed by preparation, foolish preparation?
H Courage is the price that Life exacts for granting peace.
I Reality is something you rise above.
J I don’t need a man to rectify my existence. The most profound relationship we’ll ever have is the one with ourselves.
K Love from one being to another can only be that two solitudes come nearer, recognise and protect and comfort each other.
L One of the oldest human needs is having someone to wonder where you are when you don’t come home at night.
M Children require guidance and sympathy far more than instruction.
N Age is something that doesn’t matter, unless you are a cheese
O When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I haven’t tried before.
P In passing, also, I would like to say that the first time Adam had a chance he laid the blame on woman.
Q A little of what you fancy does you good.
Now here are the authors but who wrote what?
1. Sarah Bernhardt (1844-1923) French actress
2. Anne Sullivan (1866-1936) American educator
3. Margaret Mead(1901-1978) American anthropologist
4. Eleanor Roosevelt (1884-1962) American stateswoman
5. Colette (1873-1954) French writer
6. Simone de Beauvoir (1908-1986) French writer and philosopher
7. Charlotte Bronte (1816-1855)
8. Jane Austen (1755-1817)
9. Amelia Earhart (1898-1937) American aviator
10. Lisa Minnelli b.1946 American actress
11. Billie Burke (1886-1970) American actress
12. Mae West (1892-1980) American actress
13. Nancy Astor (1879-1964) British politician
14. Shirley Maclaine b.1934 American actress and writer
15. Han Suyin b.1917 Chinese writer and physicisn
16. Marie Lloyd (1870-1922) English entertainer
17. Lauren Bacall b.1924 American actress.
Thanks for playing along.