Saturday, December 15, 2012

Love is all around

 What is it about the Coop?  Almost everytime MTL goes there alone he tells me of yet another elderly lady who has engaged him in conversation. Never happens at Tesco's or Morrison's.  Today I was shopping alone at the Coop - MTL was elsewhere with his own  trolley and as I was trying to spot frozen  puff pastry - for one of Chef's (see sidebar) excellent recipes, a silver haired charmer, in a wheelchair asked  me if I could get him a raspberry  pavlova from the top shelf.  As I handed it to him he said he would never  have been able to get it without me and we exchanged smiles.
At the exit my rusted  trolley got its wheels twisted and was dragging me into the road when yet    another chappie in a flat cap asked me if I was in charge of the trolley and  masterfully wrested it from my grip and led me to the car park. I thanked him profusely and convinced him I could manage the rest and we bade a fond farewell.  To my embarrassment the trolley wouldn't work in the park so to retrieve my £1 I had to re-enter the store passing flat cap on the way in and on the way out.
By the time I reached the car my face was aching with smiling and MTL who had caught the last action was having a quiet chuckle.
Posted by Picasa

23 comments:

angryparsnip said...

Your much to beautiful inside and out for your own good !
You attract us all.
I find certain shops have friendlier clerks and shoppers too.

cheers, parsnip
woofs from The Square Ones

Unknown said...

Who could resist such a natural beauty as you dear lady? Especially when that natural beauty is actually drop dead gorgeous.

Only a charming Scot could land such a prize. Sadly for the rest of us, one did.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

LOL, LOL...Well, it is because the two of you are such Handsome and Beautiful people! I know that would certainly lift my spirits, though I can see how the constant smiling might become rather trying....lol!

Pat said...

Parsnip: MTL says its because we live in such a low geared place. BTW he is the honey pot:)

Chef: away wid you ye oul silver tongued smmoothie. Too many trips to the Emerald Isle I'll wager.
But you do say the sweetest things:)

Naomi: at least it was after lunch which makes me -at any rate - almost human.

kenju said...

I can't believe that you don't attract a parade of men (of all ages) when you shop!! A woman as pretty as you can land them like flies with honey!!

savannah said...

It's because you radiate loveliness, darling lady! xoxox

mapstew said...

Ah the Coop, where love stories begin!

Aye, I think me taller pal has kissed the Blarney Stone more than once eh? (And he's not known for bending over backwards on a regular basis!) :¬)


xxx

lom said...

Sorry I am laughing too. :)

Granny Annie said...

That guy in the picture is looking at her butt.

Pat said...

Judy and Savannah: one of my New Year resolutions will be to attempt to be more like you
(mistakenly) think I am:)

Map: it takes one to know one:)

LOM: Hmmmmm!

Granny Annie: he's a guy -it's in his DNA.

Gadjo Dilo said...

This truly is a 'love-in', and nothing wrong with that! All I can possibly add is that you made me think of a (somewhat younger) Anne Reid.

"...get me a raspberry pavlova from the top shelf...", though; there's something saucy in that but I'm not sure what.

Pat said...

Gadjo: sadly Anne is younger than I am:)

rashbre said...

Is that Sean Connery in the store? No wonder it is so action packed.

Marjolein said...

Somehow that never happens to me. Although my very tall husband often gets thanked profusely when he helps an elderly lady get a product from the top shelf...

Pat said...

Rashbre: I wish:)

Marjolein: I'm sure he does:)

The Unbearable Banishment said...

This post is the antithesis of the horrific school shooting story we've been inundated with for the past three days. What a relief.

Pat said...

UB: a bit of light relief is harmless I think.

Unknown said...

Haha cute :) Happy holidays Pat. :)

Unknown said...

Thank you. You do cheer us all up Pat.

Pat said...

Luna: and to you.xox

Mike and Ann: that is good to hear:)

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Woohoo, they couldn't wait to see you shopping alone!

Pat said...

GG: don't make me paranoid:)

PixieMum said...

We used to shop in your local Co-op when we went to your part of the world for our holidays, very well stocked store, with plenty of Fairtrade and organic products. Never went to the big, slightly out of town store near Butlins.

Also shopped at the deli in Dunster and other independent stores when we could.