Sunday, June 21, 2009

A Bientot!


M approved of The Dragon House and enjoyed his partridge, roasted vegetable Tarte Tatin and Panache of chocolate with vanilla short-cake and vanilla ice-cream. On Saturday morning he took me to the nursery so I could stock up with compost, and plants but helas we were too late for lobelia – first time ever. What with three heavy bags of compost I was thankful he is a big strong man.


Almost forgot – on Friday afternoon we met Sheila – she liked the house and we liked her and oh joy I am going to have weekly help in the house and more as she gets freedom. Back to Saturday – after lunch and a sit in the sun it was time for M to start the long journey home – a long drive cross country, an overnight stay and home in Tour the next day. Happily the whole family will come in the autumn - the children were disappointed that school prevented them from coming this time.

It was a lovely visit and well worth cancelling our ballet trip in Cardiff.


It’s the longest day today so mind you make the most of it and for those of you lucky enough to still have your fathers, hugs and kisses are mandatory.

13 comments:

Kim Ayres said...

They've all gone over to my stepdaughter's new flat to help her decorate, leaving me with a bit of Father's Day peace and quiet...

Leah said...

Oh yum to the food description!

I had forgotten all about the Summer Solstice, thank you so much for reminding me!

kenju said...

I'm glad you enjoyed it, Pat. I wish my dad was still here so I could hug and kiss him.

Anonymous said...

Good all round for you, I'd say. Time will fly between now and fall when they're all over and running amok. You'll love it, of course.

Cheers.

Krimo said...

Sounds delicious!
For father's day one of the sons brought me a crateful of veg from his allotment. Beaufitul!

Pat said...

Kim: what a thoughtful gift:)

Leah: we have Stone Henge in the next county where they really celebrate it.

Judy: I know just how you feel.

Randall: don't talk the summer away. We have family coming each month so we don't get lonely. Hope all well.

Krimo: a most unusual and delightful gift. Lucky you.

Anonymous said...

Pat, your posts always make me hungry. Mmm.

Unknown said...

Partridge is beautiful!

Pat said...

Miss D: I read that as pots and wondered if you ate flowers:)

John.g: to eat or just look at?

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Oh no, oh NO...how could I forget...my father's brother, my favourite uncle, I didn't call him in Florida for father's day. I grew up next door to him. He is one of the story-tellers I learnt from. To make up for it, I will write him a long snail mail which he will enjoy, I know.

This post reminded me, thank you.

Pat said...

GG: nice to know I'm not utterly pointless:)

OldLady Of The Hills said...

I swear...Another comment lost to The Dashboard??? OY! Blogger is acting most peculiar.
I believe I said something about how wonderful to have Sheila...And thar I would not know what to do without Lucy...!

Have you been to my place? I haven't seen any comments and I go to my Dashboard all the time....It's all too much...lol!

Pat said...

Naomi: there seems to be quite a time lag on dashboard also. I'm coming over - I haven't been for a while.