Thursday, April 09, 2009

Happy Easter or Happy Holiday



I loved the scene in this film where Fred told Judy he would know he had succeeded making her a star when people stopped and stared at her in the street. He walked behind her to test his theory and was delighted when everybody stopped and stared. What he didn't know was that Judy was pulling the most extraordinary faces - cross-eyed , gurning etc. Judy was a great comedienne I thought. I've often longed to try this out myself but I can never get MTL to walk behind me.

10 comments:

Ms Scarlet said...

Crikey I haven't seen that film in an age!
Have a Happy Easter!
Sx

kenju said...

Pat, you just have to walk faster than he does!! LOL

debra said...

They had such an elegant manner. I love old movies.

Pat said...

Scarlet:thank you!

Judy: that wouldn't be difficult:)

Debra: especially Fred.

Kanani said...

I love that scene as well. I have great memories of watching Easter Parade when I was young. Judy and Fred were really charming together. Especially when they were playing the hobos!

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter to you and yours, dear.

Cheers.

Kevin Musgrove said...

Take the word of one who knows: action slacks, Pat, action slacks.

You didn't hear that from me. (-:

Pat said...

Kanani: I remember that too.

Randall: and to you dear Randall.

Kevin: something to ponder on:)

rashbre said...

Need to get some popcorn for the easter movies.

Pat said...

Rashbre: hope it is not just the usual suspects.