Wednesday, August 09, 2006

WHOS WHO

WHO’S WHO.

Past Imperfect is a true chronicle of my life and times.  At present in the story (1949) I am coming to the end of my second year training as a paediatric nurse.  In addition to my final year I have to do a further six months as one had to be aged 21 before one could become state registered.

My immediate  family consists of  Mum and Dad, Gran – who often visits her daughter Aunty Janet,( a GI bride) in the States, my younger brother Evan and my older sister Maddie.  Maddie is married to Paul and they have a young son, Matthew. Maddie left home aged six to be brought up by three maiden aunts – the Misses Davis who were no relation.

The Millers are a Jewish family who I met through nursing David – the son.  Hector and Maria, the parents, became good friends and I would often visit them on days off.  David had two sisters, Carmela and Hannah.
Annie is an old nursing friend from the Convalescent Home and Sarah is an old family friend who has shared walking holidays with me.

I first met Jamie when he and his brother Liam visited us en route to Scotland.  They were Oxbridge undergrads and  Maddie and Liam were friends.  I was fifteen and by the time I was nineteen Jamie and I had got closer, mainly by letter.  At the last Christmas Dance I met Andrew – a naval officer.  We became close and he proposed marriage.  I had already arranged to go on a walking holiday with Jamie, Ginny – a nursing friend and Alec Jamie’s friend.

During the holiday I realised that Jamie was the one I loved and with great sadness broke it off with Andrew.

I hope this is helpful.  As some of you know I also take time out to do a post or photo post on anything that interests me and, hopefully some of you.

16 comments:

Mybananalife said...

Hey, this makes a great period drama. I can see Sandra Bullock playing you.

Pat said...

Blogger is driving me mad - I'm having to sign in before I do anything and couldn't remember my user name. However by using every possible combination have done it atlast. Exhausting!
Thanks for the idea - in my dreams! I don't look like either of them but I would love someone like Audrey Hepburn who can convey simplicity without looking simple. Sandra's quite spunky so thank you for that. Noe how about Jamie?

Anonymous said...

What about that bloke who played Douglas Bader in Reach for the Sky?

Pat said...

andrewm: Kenneth More - good actor but where are the dark, brooding, gypsyish good looks?

kenju said...

I am trying to keep up with your story and this post helps a lot! Thanks for catching me up to date.
I'd say Ben Affleck could play Jamie!

Re your comment: I have lost 7/8 of an inch! (I refuse to say a whole inch). Isn't it sad that we have to shrink?

Pat said...

Hi Judy - Ben Affleck's getting nearer. You are fortunate in that you have a better start than me. I've never been more than 5ft 4 and a half inches - sorry can't do it in metres. Ideal for filming but not high fashion.

Granny said...

I love keeping up with your stories even though I don't always comment.

Pat said...

You're always welcome granny.

Merle said...

Hello Pi ~~ Thank you for leaving a comment at my blog. It is nice to meet you and I will be back to read more of your interesting stories. I think a lot
of us would have tried the 6th floor!
It is great being a grandma isn't it ?
Take care,Merle.

FOUR DINNERS said...

This could be your version of Hill Street Blues. Biggest cast I've ever seen in one programme. Brilliant programme though. So's yours.

katy said...

thanks for the vote of confidence its all double dutch this linking thing for sure! but with jokers help i eventually did it! love your blog spot very interesting looking forward to reading more thank you

Sam, Problem-Child-Bride said...

How 'bout Ralph Fiennes for Jamie? Mind you he might be a little old to play a twenty-something now. How 'bout his wee brother Joseph though? Dark, brooding and sexy, both.

Sam, Problem-Child-Bride said...

Thanks for the dramatis personae by the way. I wasn't sure quite how Maddie fitted with the maiden aunts.

I've copied this post to my desktop notebook so I can keep straight!

Pat said...

Welcome Merle! Lovely to see you over here. I think Grandme is my favourite role.

4d: thanks -m you're very kind.

herindoors; I can only use links sparingly and only from dashboard. Glad you like the story

Pat said...

Sam: Rafe - best suggestion yet. I adored him in The English Patient. It's impossible to reproduce the looks but the brooding spirit is there.

Pat said...

Sam: it as my son's suggestion - he was getting confused. I'll try to keep it updated.