Monday, November 12, 2012


 

Remember, Remember the point of Movember


Movember started in Melbourne Australia and it involves the growing of a moustache during the month of November to raise awareness and funds for men’s health, particularly with regard to testicular cancer and prostate cancer.
 
My grandson Tom and his Dad have both become Mo Bros which means they started on the first of November with a clean shaven face having registered at movember.com. For the entire month each Mo Bro must grow and groom a moustache. There is to be no joining of the mo to the sideburns (that’s considered a beard), there’s to be no joining of the handlebars to the chin (that’s considered a goatee) and each Mo Bro must conduct himself like a true gentleman.
 
If- like me, you love a Mo Bro you can support them as a Mo Sista.  If you would like to support Tom click on:  http://mobro.co/tommanwaring.

 No photos of my boys yet as their early growth is a bit sparse  but Great, Great, Granddad Williams is below.  At the end of the month hopefully men’s health care will be more in line with women’s and there will be parties and great rejoicing far and wide.

 

9 comments:

mapstew said...

Mine is still a beard (well almost!). Have to decide which sort of 'tache I'll have! :¬)

xxx

Granny Annie said...

Do the women have to grow a mustache too? Your great-great grandfather was indeed a Dapper
Dan.

Pat said...

Map: photies please.

Granny Annie: it's not compulsory.
He is/was my Granddad and I adored him.
My older sister keeps dreaming of him and can't find any photos of him so today I have sent her seven. Thank Heaven for e-mail

The Unbearable Banishment said...

Grandad Williams is a dapper fellow. What was his trade? I cannot grow a proper mustache. It comes in in ridiculous patches. I look like an unkempt crazy person.

Pat said...

UB: he was an engineer travelling to Africa and Portugal. Then he had a bad accident which crippled his hand so he bought a grocer's shop and was a shop keeper until he died.
Try vaseline.

Vagabonde said...

The great, great grandfather you show was certainly handsome. When I met my future husband in the 1960s he already had a moustache and has never shaved it off. At the time not many men were wearing one anymore or yet. You can see his picture in a post I wrote in 2010 where I am with him and our infant daughter in San Francisco (the good old days…) – click here: http://avagabonde.blogspot.com/2010/05/traveling-to-farm-in-tennessee.html (I don’t think you were reading my blog in 2010 yet.) I’d like to see a picture of your husband when the moustache is fully grown.

Pat said...

Vagabonde: I looked up the photos and they are splendid - very evocative of the era.
It is my son and grandson who are growing moustaches. Sadly my husband won't allow me to use his photo on line. Such a bore because when Kim the photographer/ blogger came - he took some lovely ones of the pair of us.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Great picture, my dear Pat. It is Sooo Wonderful to have these family Heirlooms, isn't it? And what a terrific way to raise awareness for Men's Health....!
Wishing your dear Grandson ALL the best...Do we get to see the finished product? (lol)

Pat said...

Naomi: just so long as he manages to grow one. No pressure:)