Sunday, August 05, 2012


Lympic Fever.



Sorry for the sparseness of my posts, Recollections of a Vagabonde http://avagabonde.blogspot.co.uk/   puts me to shame, but I haven’t been so enthralled with the Games since the days of Coe and Ovett.  Such drama!



It was good to hear ‘The Quiet Man‘ mentioned; apparently the huge success of our athletes is partly due to the influx of lottery money which – as one of the rowers averred was down to John Major – the man who succeeded Margaret Thatcher.



All praise to the marvellous volunteers, one of whom is a blogger – Isabel Cosgrove Hatcher aka Roseneath aka Belleek http://rosneath.wordpress.com/.



Things are hectic until Monday week (not just being glued to the TV- honestly) and then I will try to be a better blogger.

MTL just tells me Andrew Murray is winning.  Must fly!  Oooh and at this moment Ben Ainslie is the best sailor in the world!


12 comments:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

I have been glued to the Olympics---Many exciting and diverting things, to me....And I love seeing so much of London, by way of the Olympics...!

ENNIS!!!! HOORAY U.K.

We don't see a lot here in the US till "Prome Time"....Very Frustrating...BUT, I'm glued, anyway...!

I too, have been bloogging remiss---but, that's life.

Pat said...

Naomi: Lovely to think you are watching at the same time. We could share chocolates:)
I'm so hoping Andy Murrary makes it at last.

LL Cool Joe said...

Apparently the reason the UK are doing so well in the Olympics is because of the funding from the Lottery. Mind you my partner works for the lottery, so I have to say that. :D

Pat said...

Joey: well that is certainly what one of the rowers said. Well done the lottery!

Granny Annie said...

I do not speak the language of Olympics...or any sports for that matter. I know, I'm weird. But it makes me happy that it makes you happy.

Pat said...

Granny Annie: I wouldn't say I know the language but like to know the background stories of contestants and then feel engaged. But some sports are beyond me.

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Haha, I'm like Granny Annie when it comes to sports but I watch the news now and then. I like the glimpses of London we get every now and then via BBC.

And I do like to see people being happy...so have fun, Pat!!

kenju said...

It has been a wonderful Olympics, Pat, and I am glued to the TV too.

Mage said...

I could just say Ditto and rush back to my TV. Wonderful stuff. The diving and dressage have me mesmerized. I watch the track and field even tho I don't love the sports I admire the heck out of those athletes. If you want me, I'm right over there with my face pressed to the screen.

Pat said...

GG: everyone seems to be having a great time. Hopefully it will have a positive effect on international relations.

Judy: and the sporting spirit seems t be alive and well. Thank goodness.

Mage: I was interested inthe variety of scarlet tops and bottoms in the US runners - and those long handless gloves.

Unknown said...

You-all have done a splendid job of hosting the games, but I'm still not quite sure of what to think about that opening ceremony.

Pat said...

Jerry: Hi and welcome! It was rather a lot to absorb all at once and I had to retire before the very end. I'd like to see it again when i have an hour or so to spare.