Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Walking for Alzheimers

Aside

I was delighted to read in our local rag that two women – Judy Bryant and Gill Darbyshire pictured above, are walking the Coleridge Way to raise funds for the Alzheimer’s Society. As some of you know they are two subjects close to my heart my much loved brother died of Alzheimers and by sheer coincidence I have been walking the Coleridge Way for nearly two years. Like me they are doing it in separate, but longer stretches, and expect to finish this week. I think it is an excellent idea - I wish I had thought of it myself and they deserve support. Judy’s mother is an
Alzheimer sufferer. Anything which brings public awareness to this dread disease deserves help.
If you wish to support the friends effort you can do so by ringing 01984 656591 or 01984 656420 – both Stogumber, Somerset numbers.
Good luck Judy and Gill and have a safe journey.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wish I could walk that far!! lol.

Pat said...

John: I wish you could too darling.

Z said...

Good for them. There couldn't be a more worthwhile cause.