Saturday, November 25, 2006

ASIDES

To avoid confusion I will adopt Andrew M’s idea of entitling any post other than ‘the story’ as ‘Asides’ and the story as ‘Story contd'. As long as I remember that is!

There is a new series on BBC2 Wed 8 pm – ‘Oz & James’s Big Wine Adventure’ which is quietly enjoyable and made me laugh out loud a couple of times. They are a pair of vaguely familiar odd-balls who clearly drive each other nuts and are fun to watch. A bonus is visiting ‘France Profonde’ and learning more about wine.

I still haven’t watched ‘Jam and Jerusalem’ but have it on tape and hope to be delighted this week-end. This week-end BTW, is probably when you should think about abroad Christmas cards. I don’t want to be the only one with my nose to the grind-stone. Have a good week-end!

5 comments:

Z said...

*Thinks about abroad Christmas cards*

Well, that was easy and now I can relax.

Thanks for pointing me in the direction of 'Young at Heart.' Wonderful. My 22-year-old son was a bit bemused when I switched it on, but he was gripped by it too.

granny p said...

Ah: Christmas cards... have you thought about the internet variety for those with the necessary technology? My Guardian, online version, tells me it's better for the environment too.... which is my excuse.. Look forward to the next not-aside

Anonymous said...

Oh my, bloggers urging us to think about Christmas now.
I refuse. So there.
Watched Jam and Jerusalem last night but haven't quite made up my mind about it yet.

Pat said...

z: thanks for the laugh! My motto is, 'Do it and it's done.' and I was delighted when MTL offered to help - he would address the envelopes. I had forgotten that his maxim is'Never do today what can be done much, much later on.' So I'm cracking the whip - to no avail!
So glad you both enjoyed YAH.

granny p:it's hard to break the habit of a lifetime so will struggle on - this year. Next not-aside should be Monday DV!

Polly: sorry ! Sorry!
Just watched J&J on tape and up until the death thought 'Oh it's just a parade of grotesques!' Then I got interested in the story line so like you am reserving judgement. I know from our recent break there are a lot of grotesques around. It certainly hasn't made me laugh yet but maybe you have to get to know the characters first - like Vicar of Dibley. I do think someone should rein in Jo Lumley!

Z said...

"Do it and it's done" - Pat darling, you are a Finer Woman than I am. You are also right.