Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Oh the Varmint!


Oh the Varmint!

He’s got me again.  I was sure the days of that last hidden present to tease me were over.  MTL asked me to choose some earrings and he would collect them.  As usual there were lots of little gifts and MTL apologised for the messy wrapping as his fingers aren’t working properly yet and the earrings I had chosen in a lovely gold little parcel.  We both were given lovely presents which we don’t expect or deserve.  Gradually I cleared the wrapping paper, made a list of what from whom and dispersed the presents.

The next day I started to think about thank you letters and spotted two little parcels under the tree which I know weren’t there the night before: one scruffily wrapped and one similar to the beautiful wrapping from the jewellers.  The scruffy package contained a beautiful pair of pale pink fluffy long socks and the gold sparkly package contained a beautiful antique brooch.  I looked up to see MTL with a great big grin on his face.

Pat: “Didn’t they think it odd that you bought two presents?”
MTL: “No they think one’s for you and one for the girl friend!”

14 comments:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

LOL, LOL....Love your dear MTL's sense of humor AND, his devotion...! What a gorgeous pib that is, and the earrings---Beautiful! What fun to find two more presents...!!

LL Cool Joe said...

Could have been worse he could said "No they think one's for you and one is for the boy friend!"

Very nice gifts! Lucky you!

angryparsnip said...

Oh My Goodness !
Not sure who enjoys the little surprise more, you or your MTL.
It is the little things that make ones life fun !
wahahaha Fluffy pink socks ! a pretty and useful gift gift this time of year !

cheers, parsnip

Z said...

No wonder he's still your sweetheart, Pat.

Pat said...

Naomi: he gets me every time:) And it's so unfair because he is THE most difficult man to buy for.

Joey: that would have been hysterical:)

Parsnip: socks are always very welcome here. At least I managed to get him a cap I know he'll use and a tie with deer on and a book by Bear Grellis and smellies which he may or may not use.

Z: yup - I'm hooked:)

Eryl said...

He is a devil, a very charming, lovely devil. So glad you had a good Christmas, you deserve it, both of you, X

Pat said...

Eryl: thank you. He is a mixture of a saint and a devil:)

Kim Ayres said...

I seriously envy his ability to buy you a surprise you like. It's rare I manage it with Maggie. Glad you both had a great Christmas :)

Pat said...

Kim: I'm still waiting to hear what the surprise was for Maggie?

The Cloudcutter said...

"One for you and one for the girl friend!"

Hilarious!

Beautiful gifts. Have a happy new year.

Pat said...

CC:thank you and a Happy new Year to you:)

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Tee hee hee that man of yours is a trip.

I like the way he puts effort into showing how much he loves you. Even after all this time. It's so easy to take love for granted, but he doesn't.

Anonymous said...

oh I so love you two and your demonstrations of affection ... what fun you have!

Pat said...

GG: he is a treasure:)

Rosneath: we have to make hay while the sun shines:)