Monday, February 07, 2011

You can say that again!

Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.

Albert Camus

Numbing the pain for a while will make it worse when you finally feel it.

J.K. Rowling

After all is said and done, a lot more will be said than done.

Unknown

Start every day off with a smile and get it over with.

W.C. Fields

I am not young enough to know everything.

Oscar Wilde

Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance?

Edgar Bergen

A word to the wise ain’t necessary – it’s the stupid

ones that need the advice.

Bill Cosby

I never hated a man enough to give him his diamonds back.

Zsa Zsa Gabor

With every experience, you alone are painting your own canvas, thought by thought, choice by choice.

Ophra Winfrey

Procrastination is the thief of time.

Edward Young

I don’t feel old. I don’t feel anything until noon. Then it’s time for my nap.

Bob Hope

Justice delayed is justice denied

William Gladstone

A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.

Winston Churchill

Idealism is what precedes experience; cynicism is what follows.

David T. Wolf

Every once in a while take the scenic route.

H. Jackson Brown JR

17 comments:

Granny Annie said...

All of these quotes are so great. I wonder if W.C. Fields and Bob Hope ever said anything that wasn't funny?

Pat said...

Granny Annie: I have a great soft spot for W.C. Fields and his irascibility.

kenju said...

Excellent quotes and all true for the most part.

The Unbearable Banishment said...

I may have already posted this, so please forgive, but it's my fav.

There are more tears shed over answered prayers than unanswered prayers.

Truman Capote

Anonymous said...

W.C. Fields had some great quotes over the years. One wonders if he was the curmudgeon he made himself out to be.

Cheers.

Ms Scarlet said...

After all is said and done, a lot more will be said than done.

Ha! This reminds me of business men and politicians having their endless meetings.
Sx

Pat said...

Judy: why didn't we think of them?

UB: don't worry - with my memory in the state it's in you can repeat it endlessly. Trust Truman;)

Randall: I must try to find the book I once read about him and it did nothing to dispel the myth.

Scarlet: can you see a likeness to J.K.Rowling?

Unknown said...

I still enjoy sex at 75, I live at 74 so it's not far to walk.

Bob Monkhouse

Ms Scarlet said...

Yes, I can actually!
Sx

Lonely Rivers said...

Thanks for the words of wisdom and wit on this gray day.

Pat said...

John. G I watched that programme. Good wasn't it? Poor Bob.

Scarlet: oh good!

Lonely Rivers: would that they were my own:)

Eryl said...

Who knew JK Rowling was so wise?! Likeness to whom (curious!)?

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Good Quotes, my dear! And from interesting people, I must say....
Poor Zsa Zsa...in and out of the Hospital these days, and today is her 94th Birthday!!!

Pat said...

Eryl; Scarlet's photo on Facebook.

Naomi: how strange that I should use her quote on her birthday. I had forgotten how old she must be. I always like to think that Charles Sanders was her true love.

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

I don't agree with David T. Wolf. I know people who've had really awful, terrifying experiences, and they still aren't cynical.

I'm such a fan of Oprah!

Mary Witzl said...

I love that one from Oscar Wilde about not being young enough to know everything. Bill Cosby's too -- that's a great one, and so true.

Pat said...

GG:m as a cynic he would say that wouldn't he?
Mary: I have a soft spot for the last one.