Sunday, December 10, 2006

PLUS CA CHANGE

PLUS CA CHANGE…
ASIDE

Son No 1 has just taken his son and three friends to see Morrissey.  Over thirty years ago I drove him and three friends to see James Brown at the Rainbow Theatre.  Quite a frightening experience as the car was old and the lights weren’t working properly.  I had no idea where to park but saw a police van drive up and a jeans clad man jump out of it.

‘Excuse me officer, could you tell me where to park please?’  He glared at me and I realised that I was blowing his cover.  I whispered ‘Sorry!’ and he quickly told me where to park the car.  It was an interesting evening.  James Brown and I were the oldest people there and in spite of the startled looks from the other boys I found
myself on my feet, waving my arms in the air to ‘I’m a Sex Machine’
I just hope son No 1’s lights are better than mine were.

Grandson’s verdict - enjoyed the show but said a lot of the fans were pretentious, bald headed men jumping up and down and annoying everybody!
Not like Grandma then!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found
myself on my feet, waving my arms in the air to ‘I’m a Sex Machine.’
.

As my daughter would say, "TMI, Dad."

Too Much Information.

:)

Cheers.

(BTW, I was forced into the bar fight with Ze'ev on Ivan's comments. Wonderful chap, he is.)

Pat said...

Randall; sorry about the TMI. BTW I learn all my acronyms from you.
About the spot of bother over at Ivan's, I am grateful for your support and very sorry to have involved others. Now it's time to move on!

apprentice said...

I hthink Morrissey is on his second reincarnation, so the bald men would be from his first -nice to know they didn't top themselves after all ;)

Heaven knows I'm miserable now..........

It us a midle crisis sort of a song.

You've been fighting? Never!

Pat said...

apprentice:Morrissey at his most miserable makes me giggle I'm afraid. Fascinating the way he used to pull his sweater around. fighting? Me? Don't ask!

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Haha, do your grandsons know?

You go, grandma girl!!!

Pat said...

GG: I fear their father will have filled them in but they know me pretty well and would probably just sigh and roll their eyes!

Anonymous said...

that is awesome, I love hearing stories like that from you ;o)

Pat said...

Kath: it's funny how history repeats itself.

kenju said...

I have no idea who Morrissey is, but James Brown still rocks - no matter how old he is.....LOL

Pat said...

Right on Judy!

Sam, Problem-Child-Bride said...

Morrissey used to be one of my favourite singers back in the day. His revival excited me for about 3 minutes into his latest album and then I realized that it just doesn't work any more. All that bed-sit angst doesn't sit well on a Hollywood-living, designer-clobber-wearing affluent forty-something.

The old stuff will remain an indelible part of my past though. All that attitude! Those daffodils!

Pat said...

Sam; I wasn't really a fan - just appreciated his oddness. didn't know about the daffodils. what did he do with them? The imagination boggles!