Wednesday, March 14, 2012


It’s a Mistery!



Yet another day when we are shrouded in mist; usually it comes down from the top of the hill or we are clear and Minehead and the hill opposite are covered in a thick white blanket.  Margaret said we are heaps warmer than Cheltenham and at least a month ahead in the garden.  However on the upside, they do have buses stop right outside their door, they belong to countless clubs – which they enjoy, and they are walking distance from one daughter and a bus ride from the other.  There isn’t the peace and quiet of living on the hill but Margaret said she doesn’t regret the move for a moment.  She did appreciate waking to our usual birdsong



When we were reminiscing at the reception after the funeral she said:



Do you remember our first picnic together on Exmoor?  The four of us brought our own picnic and three of us had them in plastic bags but Pat had a picnic hamper.  She had a linen napkin and brought out a bottle of wine and four glasses, carefully wrapped.

When we asked her what she had brought to eat she said she didn’t know – it was a surprise because HTL had made it for her.”



Laughter all around.  On reflection I’m fairly sure this was when my right leg was encased in a full length plaster but that would have spoilt the story.  However there was a time when MTL would accompany me clothes shopping and would wait patiently whilst I tried things on, guarding my stuff and helping me decide.  Indeed he seemed to enjoy it.  Those days are but a distant memory and I hope I have made up in kind for such indulgence.



I wonder if you have had periods when you have been ‘spoilt rotten’.



By the way re the flowers below - if you want to see hellebores at their best click on john.g on the side bar.  John’s Dad has some beauties.

16 comments:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

I love that you had a Picnic Hamper and that your dear MTL had put it all together for you, no matter the reason....! A Sweet Story, dear Pat....

And as to the flowers bekow---They are all BEAUTIFUL! I saw John' G.'s too....and it seems you are having a really early Spring this year.....
(Incidentally, your "word verification" is still on...The thing to do is turn it off and put on "comment moderation", if you are so inclined, my dear....It has to do with difficulty in reading those letters....)

Pat said...

Naomi: I thought I had done this yesterday. Obviously it didn't work - the language is different. I'll try again.

Pat said...

Naomi: I have changed it to comment moderation. It doesn't mention WV. If this doesn't work I'll have towait till the family come.

mapstew said...

Perfect picnic weather over this today! (But I had to go get my photie taken for my new driving licence! And to say it doesn't show my best side is putting it mildly!) :¬)

xxx

Marjolein said...

My husband usually cooks for me, so I'm spoilt on an almost daily basis. I repay him by doing his laundry and tidying. :)

The garden looks lovely! Most of the plants on our balcony didn't survive the frost, sadly enough.

Anonymous said...

I had a wonderful weekend where his Lordship took me on a shopping spree, completely out of the blue. He normally hates shopping but it was a lovely time and he never grumbled once.

By the way I'm not a robot, I'm St Jude, the word verification doesn't recognise me anymore so I don't have the option of a user name.

Pat said...

Map: it's sickening when that happens and I find it happens more and more these days:)

Marjolein: I bet you clean the loos too.
Bad luck about the plants but you can get lovely new ones now.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Hi My Dear...
I came back to see what's doing...!
And FYI The Word Verifaction is still there....I'm sorry, my dear....I don't understand why they make these things so hard to read...! And TWO words, yet...lol Thanks so much for trying, my dear.

Z said...

Very peculiar, they're removed the word verification option, so one can neither add nor remove it.

Kim Ayres said...

To be able to switch of WV depends on which "blogger interface" dashboard style you're using. If you're using the new one (white background), then the option isn't there. However, if you can "Revert" to the old interface where the option still exists. If this makes no sense, pass it on to the next family member making a visit :)

As for fog & mist - they are the best times for taking photos - look for things that disappear in layers into the fog - trees along an old path for example :)

mapstew said...

Happy Birthday Pat, I wish you a grand day! :¬)

xxx

Pat said...

Naomi: I'm making a list for items for Alice to help me with. She will be here erly April

Z: perhaps trying to remove it. I have done something. I dare not fiddle with it anymore.

Kim: I've tried - I do have the white interface but I'll have to wait for Alice to come.
Thanks for the camerA TIP.

Map: thanks - apart from the weather its looking good.

Unknown said...

Thursday now Pat, so we wish you many HAPPY returns of the Day.

Our warm regards to you both, Mike and Ann.

Pat said...

Mike and Ann: many thanks;) Would you beieve another foggy day.

Z said...

The word verification option has reappeared - but they'd switched it on without my say-so! I was very annoyed.

Pat said...

Z: I have tried to sort it but have given up until help arrives. They seem to speak in tongues:)