Friday, October 23, 2009

Flippin’ Friday – already!

Busy today – I have to tidy the kitchen - its Sheila’s day to clean it and after -I’m seeing the girls. I bumped into Margaret in the town and she was very down; her house chain has broken and they are back to square one with most of the stuff packed. This week-end is their Golden Wedding so we ( the girls ) have decided to give Margaret a much needed treat with massage , beauty, whatever. It was Joy’s idea she remembered we had done the same when she was having radio-therapy and said it gave her such a boost. I hope it does the same for Margaret.

L'homme est ne libre, et partout il est dans les fers.

Man is born free, and everywhere is in chains

Jean -Jacques Rousseau 1712-1778

I thought you might like to see some of the artefacts – if that’s the right word – that make the cottage at Fremington so pretty. See below – I hope.

11 comments:

Barlinnie said...

Nice photies Pat, particuarly the Arga and the wee brooom.

Have fun with your pals, and in your case, the beauty is already there for us to see.

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

I hope you girls have a wonderful time.

Tis so strange, that quote you have here about freedom because I'm obsessesed with the concept of feeling free in our humdrum lives and I've been toying with a post in my head...

AndrewM said...

Is that your broom?

Pat said...

Jinmmy: you say the sweetest things:)

GG: come on - I'm waiting for it with happy anticipation - as ever.

AndrewM: don't be thinking you are too old to get a clip round the ear young man!

savannah said...

y'all are a darling friend, sugar! loved the photos, too! xoxoxox

Leah said...

A day of pampering is never to be underestimated in its powers of soothing and bolstering! I'm a true believer.

Have a wonderful time with the girls!

Pat said...

Savannah:)
Leah: I'm determined to have another before my next big birthday.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Sorry to read of Margaret's troubles. What a depressing drag that must be for them. A Massage sounds like a wonderful treat, my dear....
Very interesting artifacts, my dear....It makes the cottage very homey, doesn't it?

More Halloween things up as of this morning...Come on by if you get a chance.

I had to laugh when you said you had to tidy up the Kitchen because Sheila was coming to clean....Oh do I understand that!

Pat said...

I enjoyed the second Halloween photos.
MTL thinks I'm mad tidying the kitchen but I know how long doing the kitchen took me when I had to clear the clutter first.
I have still more artefacts:)

Barlinnie said...

Pat, I'm in awe of the last comment you left on my blog. Beautiful words hen...

Pat said...

Jimmy: the trouble is - with your blog's black background and smallish print one imagines only you will read it.