Monday, October 27, 2014

Cheltenham Visit

The first day I wandered round Margaret and Malcolm's small but perfectly formed garden taking shots in case the lovely weather broke.  It didn't.
On the 2nd of October  the array of colour is amazing but then Malcolm is a plants man and Margaret a devoted gardener.
Click on each one to do them justice.
 
 



Such a deep purple.
 








Loved this

Amazing rose.

But this was a stunner

A couple of days later we had a mini hurricane and this shining object went bananas   Fun to watch



An unusual position for Margaret.  Just sittin'.


11 comments:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

How gorgeous, Pat! And that Purple is absolutely stunning....Sooooo very deep and Rich in color!

The stunner is extraordinary, too.....Well, the whole Garden is a Joy To Behold....! I love seeing it all, my dear! And a very sweet picture of your dear friend, too!

Granny Annie said...

People who can do that amaze me! You were blessed to take a stroll there.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!

Mage said...

Just a lovely spot. So nice.

Pat said...

Naomi: Malcolm is particularly fond of the deep purple plant. I meant to take a few cuttings but didn't get round to it.

Granny Annie: my garden has suffered since they moved away.

John: I knew you would appreciate it:)

Mage: the nice thing is there is a hill behind the garden so one doesn't notice its size.

Ms Scarlet said...

It's been a nice long summer... good to see these pictures on a grey drizzly Wednesday.
Sx

Pat said...

Scarlet: It was great to see such variety of colour in October.

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

I've looked at these photos several times, over and over! And over!

As Granny Annie says, people who can do that amaze me.

I'm going to show everyone this garden!

Pat said...

GG: so glad I took them then:)

angryparsnip said...

I can't decide what photo I liked better. So I love them all !
What a wonderful garden.

cheers, parsnip

Pat said...

Parsnip: my favourite is the one of Margaret- not surprisingly:)