Wednesday, January 15, 2014


Ain’t it the Truth?

 

The only time a woman really succeeds in changing a man is when he is a baby.

Natalie Wood

 

Love the giver rather than the gift.

Brigham Young

 

Even a true artist does not always produce art.

Carroll O’Connor.

 

It’s the most unhappy people who most fear change

Mignon Mclaughlin

 

Growing old is no more than a bad habit which a busy person has no time to form.

Andre Maurois

 

If you don’t like something change it.  If you can’t change it change your attitude.

Maya Angelou

 

It is not so much our friends’ help that helps us, as the confidence of their help.

Epicurus.

 

The power of faith will often shine through the most when the character is weak.

August Hare

 

I don’t think of all the misery but of the beauty that still remains.

Anne Frank

 

I define nothing.  Not beauty, not patriotism.  I take each thing as it is, without prior rules about what it should be.

Bob Dylan

 

Experience is a good school.  But the fees are high.

Heinrich Heine

 

Everywhere is within walking distance if you have the time.

Stephen Wright

 

The only person who is educated is the one who has learned how to learn and change

Carl Rogers

 

I always wanted to be someone, but now I realise I should have been more specific.

Lily Tomlin

 

Everything has beauty, but not everybody sees it.

Confucius

 

What one has not experienced one will never understand in print.

Isadora Duncan

The problem with beauty is that is it like being born rich and getting poorer.

Joan Collins

 

It occurs to me that both Natalie Wood and Isadora Duncan had tragic endings; Isadora strangled by her scarf in the wheels of a beloved Bugatti and Natalie Wood who drowned whilst on her husband’s boat. The reason for her death was ‘undetermined.’

7 comments:

Ms Scarlet said...

I like all these quotes, Pat, but the Joan Collins one did make me laugh!
Sx

Kim Ayres said...

The Lily Tomlin one put a smile on my face :)

kenju said...

I like Lily Tomlin's quote....lol

angryparsnip said...

I always enjoy your "quote" posts.
Very interesting and entertaining.

cheers, parsnip

OldLady Of The Hills said...

These are all terrific quotes.....I also am always so moved when I think of one of the other things Anne Frank said: "IN SPITE OF EVERYTHING, I STILL BELIEVE THAT PEOPLE ARE REALLY GOOD AT HEART..."
That one always brings me to tears----that she could feel this way tells us what a pure soul she was.....


I knew Natalie Wood, just a little bit. She was a very dear friend of a great friend of mine who died of cancer, at 43---a wonderful actress named Norma Crane. Both Natalie and her husband R.J.Wagner, took care of all of Norma's medical bills during her long illness---they were there for her through the worst of times and when she died they made sure she had a truly lovely funeral and a beautiful resting place. In fact, Norma and Natalie are buried within a few feet of one another. As to her death----it was terribly terribly sad---and though they are not sure exactly what happened on their boat that night, (named "THE SPLENDOR",after the film she made---'Splendor In The Grass')
I personally will never believe it was foul play on the part of her husband Robert Wagner. He loved her so very very much. They found one another once again, and fell in love all over again--giving them both a second chance with one another, which was so very precious to them both.

Did you ever see Vanessa Redgrave's movie where she played Isadora? One of the GREAT Performances of ALL Time! A truly Stunning performance to my way of thinking.

LL Cool Joe said...

Love all the quotes, and many I haven't heard before, so thanks!

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

"I don’t think of all the misery but of the beauty that still remains." Thank you, Anne Frank.