Sunday, February 01, 2009

Jade Ewen

Aside
Last night Jade Ewen won the right to represent the UK in the Eurovision Song Contest. Last year we came last, but this year Andrew Lloyd Webber has written a ballad ‘This is my time’ with lyrics by Diane Warren, the award winning Californian, to prove to our fellow Europeans that we are taking the contest seriously and hope they judge us with that in mind.


I’m an ordinary person – if you tickle me I laugh, if you prick me I bleed and when Jade Ewen sings ‘This is my time.’ I cry. In a good way. The video above is not the song, but an example of her talent. That’s if I manage to embed it. It is quite early.

10 comments:

David Edward said...

good embedment, pat. she has quite a voice

utenzi said...

She's too brassy for me, Pat. I like deep voiced bluesey singers. But maybe I'd like the song "This is my Time". In any case, good luck to the UK in the Eurovision competition--this could be your year.

Netchick sent me!

Ms Scarlet said...

Oh, the voting is going to be so interesting this year... I can't wait...
Sx

Dale Challener Roe said...

Not my cup of tea, but she does have a good voice.

NetChick sent me...

granny p said...

Can't get Jade here or there so will have to take your word for it. Do know the Dragon House though: or did. Nice place.

Pat said...

granny.p I expect by the time it's Eurovision time we'll all be only too familiar with it.
Glad you liked the Dragon House.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Well, mow I have to hear that WEbber/Warren song...! Maybe it will get to YouTube if it not already there!
I was unfamiliar with Jade Erin....Thank You Pat for introducing me to this very talented young woman!

kenju said...

She's very talented and very pretty!

apprentice said...

As long as Europe does think she's singing about it being the UK's time! :)

The whole competition is moving east and is now between between the Baltic and the Balkans states. Let them get on with it I say.

I think this stuff has had its day - people can access whatever kind of music they like via the web now and even TV watching has changed in that we now rarely all sit down to watch the one "water cooler" programme.

Pat said...

Naomi: done it for you. I got her name wrong yesterday which confused things.

Judy: her father is blind and her mother partially sighted. A very loving close family - quite emotional when she won.

Anna: I get the impression this doesn't rock your boat:)