Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Garden Gossip

Aside

I don't care for hanging baskets but I love pots; they are readily accessible, easy to move and can brighten up a dull spot. The pale delicate plant is such good value - Nemesia - in lots of delicate colours - comes up smiling each year, blooms for yonks and is fragrant. One of my favourites. These are some of the pots and are in the early stages. By the time I post this you won't see pots for flowers.

Blogger is teasing me and the third photo down should be under this copy.




The acanthus - the structurarl plant leaning in the left foreground is for the chop. Last year there were about 8 spikes and it's overpowering for the bed I think. I really must uncover the fountain soon.
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have such a beautiful garden!

Unknown said...

That looks beautiful! What is the purple shrub in the background?

Pat said...

Marjolein: it's not very big but enough to look after. there's a wooded path that goes round 3/4 and it is getting overgrown since my husband had tocut down.

Johng: I think you mean the acer my mother gave me. It has beautiful delicate leaves and is called Blood Good.

Kanani said...

What a beautiful garden! As of late, it's been so hot and water is so expensive, I've taken to watering only 2x a week! I've planted some drought tolerant plants, but do so miss all the pretty delicate flowers I used to have!

zoe said...

Amazing. I would love to have a garden like that. As it is now, my only feature is a naked pond!

Eryl Shields said...

Your garden looks like the sort people charge entrance for. I'd pay to get a closer look.

I like pots too, and have heaps of them, probably too many for the space. They're all getting a good water today!

Pat said...

Kanni: Naomi(my sidebar) has lots of succulents in her garden which seem to attract lots of wild life which she expertly photographs. I would miss my pretty ones too.

Zoe: it's only fitting that you should have a naked pond, what with you being naked in bed, according to that naughty Q.

Eryl: my friend Margaret opened her garden until last year and it involves so much work. Most of them are immaculate and mine is quite wild most of the time. I'm careful not to photograph the rubbish and dross.

Moon said...

WOW, such a gorgeous garden!! love the pics..hope to see more!..Mine is very modest..but I will take pics of my front yard soon , when the flowers fill out abit more!

Daphne Wayne-Bough said...

What a beautiful garden. I'm hoping to embellish my little patio garden with some pots, especially since I have received a couple of flowerpot display units from none other than Goth! You wouldn't credit it would you.

Pat said...

Moon: I love seeing other people's pics - born nosey!

Daphne: that doesn't surprise me. I always suspected the Goth was a sweetie.