Sunday, October 08, 2006

BY THE WAY

BY THE WAY…

Normally prequels and sequels leave me cold but I have just heard a critic wax lyrical about ’Wide Sargasso Sea’ which is ‘ Jean Rhys’s highly charged prequel to Jane Eyre’.
Timothy Spall’s son, Rafe and Rebecca Hall, daughter of Peter Hall and the opera singer Maria Ewing star in it and, allegedly are brilliant.  On Monday BBC4 at 9pm - so I must record ‘Life Begins’ as I can’t seem to record Freeeview.

That’s just for those of you interested in drama (don’t all leave at once).
I should warn you that there are sexually explicit scenes but you can always close your eyes.  The play’s the thing!

2 comments:

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

The Wide Sargasso Sea is thought provoking. But don't read it when you have the flu, as one lecturer said. It is soooooo worrying...or maybe it is for Caribbean gals.

Pat said...

GG: I watched it and the acting was great - Rochester came over as a s--t and Antoinette as very vulnerable. The Carribean girls were so strong with beautiful impassive faces. Quite strange really. I'm watching the new Jane Eyre at the same time.