Monday, June 23, 2014

A Sunday in June and a botanical question.

 A new carnation


 An old reliable
 New Dawn - a favourite
 This is so generous and spills everywhere

 Yesterday's outing to the Driftwood café
 Peter and Veronica - newlyweds, Chris and James
Don't be fooled by the empty table.  This was a pause after the cream teas and before the ice creams
 Here is your starter for ten.  What is this plant.  The flower is a sort of soft thistle like shape but its outstanding feature is its smell -faintly medicinal- eucalyptus - ish?
Names please.
alas my peony - gorgeous - enormous and pale pink has chosen not to make it.  It was in the file.


14 comments:

Pearl said...

I have no botanical answers, Pat, but I did enjoy the photos. :-)

Pearl

Pat said...

Pearl: happy you dropped in:)

Unknown said...

Pigeon droppings?

Pat said...

John: ha ha! But aren't they a curse. They think my arbour is their private love nest with an en suite!

angryparsnip said...

Wonderful photos as always.
I adore your garden.
The un-named flower reminds me of a weed I have seen here but I am not sure what it is. No help from me.

cheers, parsnip

Pat said...

Parsnip: a WEED? In my Garden? You cannot be serious!

Kevin Musgrove said...

That looks to me like a salad burnet. When you crush the leaves is there also a vaguely cucumber-y smell to it?

Pat said...

Kevin: I've mainly noticed a eucalyptus like smell. The sort of smell you inhale to clear the tubes.
Just smelling the leaves could be described as vaguely cucumber.
I think you are right that it is the same family but these leaves are not so involved.
Thanks for looking:)

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Everything looks so very Beautiful Pat...The colors and those Roses---ALL Beautiful beyond belief!I have no idea what that plant might be, but it sure looks interesting, and the smell is so distinct, from what you say!

Granny Annie said...

I could live surrounded by New Dawn.

Anonymous said...

Lovely

Pat said...

Naomi: we are having a wonderful June which the flowers really appreciate. Now- of course we need a little rain.

Granny Annie: Me too. We could share a bower:)

Helen: :)

Mage said...

I have no idea about the flowers, but I was delighted to read about the tea. Did I say that I loved the red hall floor? :)

Pat said...

Mage: glad you like it; there is quite a bit of it scattered over the ground floor.