Tuesday, July 22, 2014


 

Eighteen months on.

 

Thanks to Judy Kennedy Carrino for sharing this beautiful piece which I have found to be true.

 

When we lose someone we love, we discover that time does not heal everything.  After a while, the ache in our heart begins to ease a bit, and we laugh again, life goes on and many times we reconnect with those still physically with us in much deeper more beautiful ways.  And eventually the good memories outnumber the sad thoughts and we begin to sense that what we thought was lost, has actually been with us all along.

We can’t explain it, touch it or prove it – but there are moments we catch ourselves smiling because we know it’s true.”

 

Paul. S. Boynton

 

 

15 comments:

Vagabonde said...

A truly beautiful way to express and understand grief and love.

Ms Scarlet said...

I once made a long train journey only to realise the truth in these words.
Sx

LL Cool Joe said...

What beautiful words, and so true!

angryparsnip said...

I have lived those words and they are so true.

Woofs from The Square Ones
cheers, parsnip

maurcheen said...

Indeed. :)

XXX

kenju said...

I am so happy that it "spoke to you", Pat.

Anonymous said...

Beautifully said

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Such a beautiful moving piece and as others have said, so filled with the truth of the pain of loss, yet the love never leaves and it IS there in you. I find this deeply comforting.

Mage said...

Lovely, thanks.

Patricia said...

Well stated comment. Madge told me you were writing about the same things I am, love lost and the transition afterwards I suppose sums it up--too tidy, though. I am trying to state what I am feeling and doing and not what others have told me, for the most part. It's not my first loss, this husband's death in Feb. but my first loss of a mate. That's different from the transition after the other losses, I find.

You are 18 months along this path. I shall visit again.

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

I am going to share this with a friend who's recently lost her mother.



Pat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pat said...

Comment box gone bananas.

Kim Ayres said...

((hugs))